Conflict occurs when the beliefs or actions of one or more members of a group are resisted by others. Of course, the violence that can result from such conflict is a concern for any business or organization.
Given the potential for workplace violence, you’ll benefit from 2 The Rescue’s course on Personal Conflict Assessment, Situational Awareness and De-Escalation Techniques. Comprehensive in its approach, it explores proven techniques of awareness and recognition. They emphasize de-escalation, avoidance over confrontation, and how to respond. Topics covered include:
- Developing a mindset for success
- Differentiating conflict vs. crisis mentality
- Understanding why we fail
- Knowing the 3 Principles of Personal Safety
- Learning verbal control principles
- Enhancing conflict management skills
- Knowing the importance of active listening
- Practicing de-escalation techniques
- Identifying verbal violence warning signs
- Discerning non-verbal pre-attack indicators
- Understanding survival response options
- Spotting handgun carry indicators
- Practicing safe-escorting techniques
- Addressing environmental concerns
- Avoiding and warding off dog attacks
- Recognizing radical group warning signs
- Learning marijuana grow regulations
- Detecting illegal drugs and paraphernalia
- Identifying bombs and incendiary devices
- Addressing worship safety team security concerns
- Establishing worship safety team expectations
- Providing layers of security
- And more
WHO’S TRAINING YOU?
Meet 2 The Rescue Co-owner Terry Bykerk
A retired two-time Police Officer Of The Year nominee with more than 25 years in law enforcement, Terry applies over 6,000 hours of experience in the classroom and practical skill instruction to the benefit of emergency responders and others. The holder of multiple certifications relating to law enforcement, a certified subject matter expert, precision driving, executive protection and more, he has a unique way of imparting lessons learned from his successes and failures. These are presented not just as “war stories” but as practical advice seminar participants can use every day.
Meet 2 The Rescue Co-owner Mike Wierenga
A 30-plus year veteran in firefighting and law enforcement, Mike is an active-duty training officer for a police department in western Michigan. He has more than 6,500 hours of hands-on and classroom instruction, and is a certified subject matter expert. This former Police Officer Of The Year combines over 550 hours of critical incident stress management training with front-line applications in multiple line-of-duty deaths, officer-involved shootings, suicides and other violent tragedies. His passion for the safety and emotional wellness of emergency responders and their loved ones is easily seen by all in his presentations.